Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wasabi Leaves Salad


We ate the rest of the wasabi leaves tonight. The flavour of the raw leaves is very different to wasabi paste. The closest comparable flavour is rocket. I made a fridge salad. That's a salad made with whatever was in the fridge.
In this case toasted almonds, chinese cabbage, wasabi leaves, boiled potato, carrot, celery and cucumber. I also pan fired some chicken for No 2 son and I. The dressing is lemon infused olive oil, lemon juice and seeded mustard.
It was fresh, light and delicious. Just the thing for our first hot day. It got to 28 degrees celsius here today. Summer is coming. I prefer Winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful looking salad and gorgeous photo. Unlike you, I love the warmer weather :) We make salads most nights in summer and will definitely try your recipe.